Wednesday, July 17, 2019

Clare Salerno


I'm currently living in Washington DC and working as a research assistant at a think tank/research organization called the Urban Institute in the Metropolitan Housing and Communities policy center. It's pretty cool that I get to work on a lot of research similar to the LAKES project--mixed methods and community-based--but with more of a housing focus. About half of my projects are evaluations of federal housing programs, and my office is right next to the Department of Housing and Urban Development, which is pretty neat (and provides ample opportunities for becoming acquainted with government bureaucracy at its finest). I'm definitely grateful for my experience in Menomonie for preparing me to do this kind of research.

Other than that, I still run a lot (and still miss running in Menomonie), bike everywhere, sometimes hang with Erin who also lives in the city, and would still lose to Alexis in an arm wrestling match.


No comments:

Post a Comment