Saturday, July 2, 2016

What I do for fun

Whenever I'm asked what my hobbies are I always pull a blank. But when I start to think a little harder about it I notice that most of what I like to do involves being outside. My summers always involve multiple trips per week to the beach. I also like to hike regularly and explore new places. These activities usually involve several of my friends. We're a pretty tight knit group and we do a lot of stuff together, they're basically my brothers. We can't really stand being inside for long, and sometimes we jump in the car and start driving still without knowing exactly where we're going. We usually end up either at the beach, the mountains, or exploring downtown. We rarely go to the same beach or hiking trail twice in a row though. I feel like this ties in a lot with geography because I love seeing new landscapes. That is one of the major reasons I came to Menomonie. As a child I would always tell my mom "vamos al trafico!" Spanish for "Let's go to the traffic!". That doesn't make a whole lot of sense, but it was my way of telling her I wanted to get out of the house and go somewhere. It didn't really matter where, I just wanted her to take me somewhere so I can stare out the car window the whole time and observe the landscape (I guess I was a weird kid). I enjoy asking why people are where they are, why they go the places they go, and how they interact with the environment around them, and that's basically what geography is all about.

No comments:

Post a Comment