Saturday, July 2, 2016

Research is a Journey

Ever since I was a kid, I've always loved being outdoors. Whether that's building snow forts or canoeing in the summer, nature has a way of drawing me out like nothing else can. I think that's because of all the discovery there is to experience when romping through the woods, hiking over the mountains, or swimming through the waters. Sometimes I forget how caught up I can get in my own thoughts during a run-of-the-mill day, but when I'm experiencing nature, I learn to look outside of myself, and be conscious of the beautiful, strange, and fantastic systems I'm a part of. Nature makes me want to dig deeper, and that inspires me to be a better researcher.

Sometimes research feels like being outside. There is so much rich information at your finger tips that it's easy to be overwhelmed, or just miss it all entirely. However, if you put the work in and care enough about what you're looking for, you'll probably find it.   


No comments:

Post a Comment