Friday, June 17, 2016

Familiar Territory, New Adventures

As a local moving into the dorms of Red Cedar, there isn't much of a change of scenery. I've lived no more than a twenty minute drive from Menomonie for most of my life, so the towns, waters, and culture are all deeply familiar to me. That being said, the LAKES project is giving me a chance to give back to the place and people I call home, and I've had a fantastic time this week getting familiar with the structure of the project. I was excited to discover all of the different opportunities for research questions. For me, it's like walking through a candy store.

Even though the Scenery is the same, the people are very different. This week, I've had the unique opportunity to get to know some fantastic students from all corners of the US. While we all have different experiences, I feel a shared determination from all of us to make some real change this summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment