Sunday, July 13, 2014

Food for Thought


Food makes me incredibly happy. There's a switch that turns off most of the functioning in my brain when I'm hungry, and then there's another switch that turns on the second I see a colorful meal of fruits and vegetables in front of me.

Not only do I love cooking and eating, but I love knowing exactly where my food came from and that is why my photo this week features the Menomonie Farmer's Market in all of its summertime produce glory. I am a huge supporter of the local food movement and I get so excited when I catch sight of glowing carrots and plump snow peas accompanied by a smiling farmer standing proud behind his or her product. This blog post is a reminder to both myself and to whomever may be reading this blog to get to know your local farmer and support them. Know where your food comes from, because a personal connection with and investment in the food you eat is not only good for the body, it is also good for the mind and the earth.

I chose a photo with flowers in the foreground because I purchased a bouquet of them for my room - and boy, did they make a difference! They bring some life and energy into the room. I also picked up some green beans and pesto focaccia bread. Matt and I made a great meal in the evening, all thanks to our local farmers!

Thank you, farmers, for delicious food and vibrant health! (And an extra thank you to all of the farmers who have taken the time to fill out my survey!)

No comments:

Post a Comment